Saturday 4 April 2015

THE LOST PROMISES

As the craving for you within me grows stronger,

The panorama of pain bursts forth getting bigger.
My compassion for you is so wide and deep,
Like a refresh running river that never doze to sleep.
Let me shield you from the turmoil that splits you apart,
Even when hailstones keep hitting hard to my heart!
Let me lull you to sleep and sing a song to you,
Like a bewitching breeze humming to bid an adieu.
Let me kiss away your tears and those hurtful heavy hues,
Like a glue I'll stick to you throughout all your blues.
Let me dig up your hidden joys beneath the boughs of grief,
For I can't see you wither away like an age-old autumn leaf.
Do you remember the day when we faithfully wed?
"When you come, come seeking both of us"- you prayed to death.
Now I don't want to stay alone in a mansion of memories,
All I can do is dreaming for you amid the lost promises.

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful poem, very evocative!
    Here's the link the poem I shared today: http://www.devikafernando.com/blog/blogging-from-a-to-z-challenge-letter-d-desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one masterpiece, Swati. Enjoyed reading rhyme and the flow. You have used perfect words ! :D
    Kudos to you dear. Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. An all-inclusive love with hopeful promises made does prosper in 'mansion of memories'. Once again a very beautiful, heart-warming poem from your poetic casket! Best Wishes! Keep Writing..! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deeply moved and touched by this beautiful poem..! Suffused with a great feel of romantic love ! excellent usage of image is remarkable, quite erect like ' mansion of memories,"!! Best Wishes! Happy writing !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean, what is there in this poem ? Just a cheap song of love..nothing new...If u will this a great poem, then I m sorry, Its a so called FILMY poem like the love stories of Chetan bhagat and the so called others....I read Jayanta Mahapatra and Bibhu Padhi of odisha, those also write in english language....u will find the answer if u have ever read their poems.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dii this poem is superb :-* I loved it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simran! thankk you loads for appreciating my work. I wish you will like the upcoming ones as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bhaskar Sir! thank you for your beautiful appreciation. I'm really glad that you like it. I really feel thhat I wrote something worth read. your feedbacks fill me with confidence. Infinite Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gurrudatta Pati! Sad ! I'll try my best to write good poetry. thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nidhi! thanks a ton! :') :*

    ReplyDelete